Synesthesia Avatar
Synesthesia

39 Posts

07/11/2022 Edited 07/11/2022

Kresnica stood, blazing wings folded and tucked under his cloak, and glanced at the other Enivi gathered. He gave a sound nod as he eyed each one, trying to guess what occupations, and skills they might have to bring to the table for this adventure. The job listing had been posted for a bit, and he was over eager to be started. The artifacts in question would certainly help Enivi kind as a whole. He visibly twitched a little at the thought that they could potentially fall into the wrong hooves, and then shook the thought from his head, smiling over at his mate Stella.

Stella, noting that Kres was lost in thought, headbutt the other Enivi lightly, for her at least, which unsteadied him enough to shake him further from his thoughts, and sent him tottering a couple steps off to the side. He righted himself as she grinned widely, also looking over at the Enivi gathered, but with much less discernment. Her voice sounded clearly as she addressed those gathered. “Is this everyone? I hope you’re all here for the job posting.” She glanced a little to the side at Kres, and then continued. “If you are, I know the details were left vague on paper. Can’t be too careful after all. This is a retrieval adventure after all, and I didn’t want our adversaries to get the jump on our own activities.” Her voice seemed a little concerned, but was edged out by Kresnica actually speaking up, in a bright cheery tone.

“First thing I suppose is to introduce ourselves, if we’re going to be working together! I go by Kresnica, and I’m a mage of fire. Healing, and protection are my strong points, even if I may look, well, a bit scrawny.” He shrugged a little, perfectly comfortable being smaller, and more lean, but seemingly confidant in his abilities.

Stella nodded. “I can vouch that he’s adept in his magic and we shouldn’t worry too too much about the flames. I go by Stella, or Rossa. I’ll answer to both, but do have a preference for Stella.” She grinned, flashing fangs, and teeth in a friendly manner. “I tend to be more of a fighter.” She shrugged her shoulders, making the chains on her armor clink against the sheath for her sword. “How are you all this fine morning, and what can we call you by?”

((Please keep all OOC comments Here going forward, and please give the rules there a read to keep things going smoothly!))

Tony Avatar
Tony

89 Posts

07/11/2022

Ford cleared his throat as he took a step forward.
The large, dark Enivi's eyes scanned the group to ensure he wasn't speaking out of turn before he finally opened his mouth.
"I'm Ford. I've come from Udra, a smaller city about a week's journey from the capitol. I'm adept in fighting and have worked as a guard in the past-" his voice trails off a bit and he shifts his weight uncomfortably from leg to leg as he watches the others carefully.
"I have to admit, I was referred here by my captain. The wording in the call was a little, err..." he lifts his front hoof in a small, gesturing circle, "vague? What kind of artifact are we looking for, exactly?"

Synesthesia Avatar
Synesthesia

39 Posts

07/14/2022

Kresnica lifted his head from the somewhat relaxed position he had been in, and then looked around, as if to make sure no one beyond the little group was listening in. His ears worked in oppositions to each other to catch the full field of sound best they could. "Nice to meet Ford, as to your questions, well. That will take some more explaining."

"We're actually looking for multiple artifacts that are said to have some form of magical energy that we'd rather not fall into the wrong hooves. This current one, supposedly has a bit of unknown elemental magic. It's apparently capable of rerouting natural weather patterns if someone with know how got to it."

Stella spoke up cheerfully, giving a nod to welcome Ford into the adventure. "Which is why we're going after it. Weather's important, and if anything throws it out of balance, everyone will have problems. From what I've been told, it looks like a little like a carved crescent moon, with a snowflake in it's center."

FireatHeart Avatar
FireatHeart

23 Posts

07/16/2022

Mara cast her red eyes between the small group gathered. She was careful and observed as they spoke about the goal with a little more detail than she had been told. Though her voice was harsh, her body language showed no aggression as she took a step forward, "My name is Mara. I live at the edge of the forest with my group, the smithy you stopped by on the way in was owned by them." Her ears lightly flicked the direction in which the smithy lay; she continued, "I am an avid fighter, though currently I train kids and work security for the store. When I was younger I was an adventurer." After speaking, she took a step back and tried to ensure that her bat wings stayed close to her side in order not to take space from others.

Tony Avatar
Tony

89 Posts

07/28/2022

Ford gave a welcoming nod to the other Enivi.
"Well," Ford inhaled deeply and released a few moments later in a deep sigh. "Seems like you've got a team here. Do we know where to start?"

Synesthesia Avatar
Synesthesia

39 Posts

07/28/2022

Kres spoke up cheerily. "Seems like we'll all get along well enough! Some decent experience among us all it seems. Please share whatever stories you might like while we're heading on out." His own wings flexed out a little, as he looked curiously over at Mara's wings, and then grinned. "Seems we'll be able to reach most places too!"

Stella nodded, and started off in the direction of Vespiri herd lands. "I recall Kresnica babbling about having to go through his herdlands in his sleep, so, we're heading this way for now, and I think we might need to charter a ship depending."

FireatHeart Avatar
FireatHeart

23 Posts

07/28/2022

Apricity scrambled towards a group of Enivi, her thin legs already strained from her run through the town. Exercise was not her strong point, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I’m here. I got caught up talking to a spirit about their grandchildren.” They panted lightly, trying to catch their breath, “My name is Apricity, I’m a spirit mage. I… uh can communicate with those one the other side. It can be used… in a lot of ways.” The small shiny frame quivered with excitement and adrenaline as she tried to settle into the group. Looking around the group was comprised of three large Ortusi and another Vespiri, she was fascinated by the wings she saw both on the Vespiri called Kres and the Ortusi called Mara. Though, the energy Mara emitted made her uneasy, as she reeked of death.

Mara was listening to the leaders intently, she saw Kres move his wings and flashed her fangs, “Yes sir it appears so!” While listening to Stella she heard a movement behind her. Moving to the side she saw a small body rushing toward them. Her eye caught on a snowflake soul, it reminded her of Eira and she got hit with a pang of sadness. This journey would take her away from her family for a while and that was hard on her. She focused back on was the small Vespiri was saying and chuckled at the clear panic in the small voice. The term spirit mage peaked Mara’s interest as she had never heard it before, she kept quiet about it and figured she could learn more about it later. “Nice to meet you, interesting power you got there. Excited to have you with us.” Slowly she turned to the rest of the group and waited to see their reaction.

Tony Avatar
Tony

89 Posts

07/31/2022

"Welcome, Apricity," Ford kept his tone as light as he could despite the discomfort that flash across the Vespiri's face. "We were just getting ready to head out. Apparently we're chartering a ship later."
The large Ortusi paused to heave his pack back onto his back with his magic, then shifted to move the weight to a more comfortable position.
"I've never been on a ship before, actually."

Synesthesia Avatar
Synesthesia

39 Posts

07/31/2022

Kresnica, gave the newcomer a look over, and nodded. "I can imagine! Good to have you join us, and no worries about being late. We all get caught up on occasion."

"I'll say." Stella's ears flicked backwards into a state of feigned annoyance. "You get caught up with research sometimes and forget to eat until I balance an apple on your head." She stops briefly enough to shake most of her gear back into place, and situated. "Granted, that DOES make for some amusing pictures around the cottage."

Kres's wings floofed out visibly in embarrassment, and nodded. "I don't think I've ever been on one either, and I am not looking forward to it, considering my area of expertise is fire." He gave a nod at the newcomer as well. "I go by Kres, or Kresnica, and that is Stella, or Rossa. We'll both answer to either." After indicating Stella in introduction he paced forward a little out of the way of the group so he could fully unfurl his wings for a brief moment, stretching them without hitting anyone else in the group.

FireatHeart Avatar
FireatHeart

23 Posts

07/31/2022 Edited 07/31/2022

Apricity bowed her head in thanks, “Thank you all for your kind welcome.” Ford drew his attention with his voice, “A ship?!? I've only been on one and it was... A unique experience for sure. Though, admittedly not a bad one.” She turned her attention to the fire mage, ”What sort of research do you do Kres?” her eyes widened at the idea of an apple on his head as she looked around to see if anyone else was shocked by this. Her eyes widened more when his wings opened up, the color catching her attention in such a way she couldn't help but stare.

Mara nodded at Ford, “Nothing to worry about as long as it's a decent ship.” Her bag was now in the air as she waited for more instruction on what the plan was. A slight snort left her lips and the idea of the fire age with fruit on his head and she focus on the smaller Enivi. “Does he actually require that? Cause if so, he’s very similar to my cartographer friend. I’ve seen his mate put all sort of thing on him to see if he’s paying attention.” She followed Kres’s movement and his wings being stretched made hers ache with wanting to be flexed as well. Quickly she took a step away and allowed hers to completely stretch out. Her professional attitude dropping slightly as she huffed and flapped the large bat wings lightly, “Man, I hate keeping them that close.”

gigglyalex29 Avatar
gigglyalex29

5 Posts

08/06/2022

Lumeria’s feet tapped almost soundlessly on the pavement as she approached the gathering of warriors and mages with a calm and calculated gaze. Would this party betray her? Or she them? Maybe the loot wasn’t worth the playing nice this time, but something pulled her in. She sidled up silently and slotted herself in beside a black Ortusi and a vibrant red Vespiri, hoping to join the group silently and simply remain invisible for the time being.

Her plans were thwarted by the questioning looks of those around her, and she simply held her head up high, elegant mane of hair falling past her shoulders as she begrudgingly offered her name. “Lumeria. I saw the add- if there is treasure behind a locked door I can get it for you” she blinked slowly, her personality not allowing her to hide behind modesty or care. Eyes looking around at each of the other Enivi and almost daring them to comment something negative. She wasn’t here to be liked- more rather she was here to make money.